United Way provides corporations in the United States and Canada an innovative solution to engage, retain employees
ALEXANDRIA, VA (June 29, 2018) – United Way Worldwide today announced that Salesforce.org Philanthropy Cloud, a new solution that enables employees to efficiently participate in workplace giving campaigns and philanthropic engagement opportunities through their employers, is now available to the general public in the U.S. and Canada after a successful pilot phase.
Philanthropy Cloud is the first global platform that connects companies, employees, customers and partners with the charities and causes that are the most important to them. Philanthropy Cloud empowers employees with an easy, one-stop, personalized experience, allowing them to connect 24/7 with each other, advocate for causes they care about, host fundraisers, connect with change makers, organize volunteers and track the impact of their efforts throughout their lifetime. Philanthropy Cloud helps companies streamline philanthropic investments while helping employees make lasting change in the philanthropic community.
“In today's world, employees and companies want more advanced options for engagement in the workplace, which is why we’re partnering with Salesforce.org to bring Philanthropy Cloud to market,” said Brian Gallagher, president and CEO of United Way Worldwide. “Philanthropy Cloud is a game-changer. It's more than a new way to give, it is also a new way to connect with causes, connect with other people who are passionate about the same issues, and make a difference in local communities.”
United Way currently serves 115,000 workplace campaigns, and with Philanthropy Cloud, it will be able to expand the offering and revolutionize employee and corporate giving, bringing business closer to the communities they're in.
Philanthropy Cloud is a network platform designed to create a community of philanthropy within the workforce and will enable United Way to bring the fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community to the desks, tablets and phones of the 47.5 million employees that participate in charitable giving campaigns in the workplace each year.
Philanthropy Cloud leverages the most innovative Salesforce technology to create an entirely new one-network solution for giving, volunteering, fundraising, and advocating for any cause and at any time.
Philanthropy Cloud will initially be available through the following local United Ways:
- Centraide of Greater Montréal
- United Way Greater Toronto (working with communities in Peel, Toronto & York Region)
- Greater Twin Cities United Way (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Mile High United Way, Inc. (Denver, Colorado)
- United Way Bay Area (San Francisco, California)
- United Way Calgary and Area (Calgary, Canada)
- United Way of Central Carolinas (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- United Way of Central Indiana (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- United Way of Central Ohio (Columbus, Ohio)
- United Way of Greater Atlanta (Atlanta, Georgia)
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- United Way of Greater Houston (Houston, Texas)
- United Way of Greater Kansas City (Kansas City, Missouri)
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County (Milwaukee and Waukesha, Wisconsin)
- United Way of Greater St. Louis, Inc. (St. Louis, Washington, Missouri and Belleville, Illinois)
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay & Merrimack Valley (Boston, Massachusetts)
- United Way of New York City (New York, New York)
- United Way of Northeast Florida (Jacksonville, Florida)
- United Way of the National Capital Area (Washington, District of Columbia)
- United Way Salt Lake (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- United Way Suncoast (Tampa, Florida)
For more information on Philanthropy Cloud, please visit: unitedway.org.
About United Way
United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community. Supported by 2.9 million volunteers, 9.8 million donors worldwide and $4.7 billion raised every year, United Way is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. We’re engaged in 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories worldwide to create sustainable solutions to the challenges facing our communities. United Way partners include global, national and local businesses, nonprofits, government, civic and faith-based organizations, along with educators, labor leaders, health providers, senior citizens, students and more. For more information about United Way, please visit UnitedWay.org. Follow us on Twitter: @UnitedWay and #LiveUnited.