WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
Information is great. But taking small steps now can lead to big changes.
- Know your banking history. Take steps to check and correct information that may be in your file, which can remove an obstacle to opening an account.
- Next Week
- Get the identification required to open an account at a bank or credit union.
- Check your credit reports. Be sure to file a dispute if you find incomplete or incorrect information in your reports.
- During the Next Few Months
- Open a new account. Make sure you have everything you need to open an account before visiting the bank or credit union.