What You Can Do Right Now
Information is great. But taking small steps now can lead to big changes.
- Take action. File a claim with the Federal Trade Commission and with your local police station.
- Next Week
- Contact your creditors to change your account numbers.
- Order and review your credit report. Put a fraud alert on your credit files.
- During the Next Few Months
- Stay vigilant. Regularly check all of your statements. Consider reviewing your credit reports again.
- Open the mail to ensure you aren’t getting bills, invoices, or collection notices that don’t belong to you.