United Way Day of Action
Each year on June 21, communities around the world come together to harness the volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live.
Now in its sixth year, United Way Day of Action is an invitation for people and organizations around the world to LIVE UNITED and take action to address a variety of challenges. It is a day that we ask you to help us put our mission into action by improving the building blocks for a good quality of life –education, income, and health.
How to Get Involved on United Way Day of Action
- Take the pledge to become a volunteer reader, tutor or mentor.
- Tell us about your Day of Action. Share your plans on Facebook, post photos of your community work to Instagram and follow us on Twitter @UnitedWay (tweet using #DayofAction).
- Find and connect with a United Way in your community.
- Advocate for a renewed commitment to early grade reading. Submit an op-ed to your local newspaper.
- Wear a LIVE UNITED t-shirt as a conversation starter about the importance of education.