Student United Way
Young people across the country are helping to improve their local communities by giving, advocating and volunteering in the areas of education, income and health. This powerful movement called Student United Way, is helping to advance the common good. Student United Way is a campus based student led organization that works in partnership with the local United Way. Currently, Student United Ways exist on more than 60 campuses across the United States including: technical & trade schools, junior and community colleges, colleges and universities, as well as several high schools.
Student United Way Awards:
Submit your application today for the 2014 Student United Way Awards. Applications are due May 7, 2014. Award recipients will be recognized at the 2014 Community Leaders Conference,.
To locate a Student United Way near you:
- If your campus is listed then connect via their Facebook page, website, or Twitter. Or you can find them through your campus directory, reach out to the contact listed and sign up to be a member.
- Your campus isn’t listed? Start a Student United Way on your campus if one doesn't exist. Or if one exists, then be sure its registered nationally so it shows up on the directory. Contact United Way Worldwide for more information.
- Student United Ways work closely with their United Way. Reach out to your local United Way to inquire about volunteer and internship opportunities that may exist in your community; or to help establish a Student United Way.
Follow the national Student United Way Movement:
- Review our Student United Way Annual Report 2010-2011
- Join Student United Way on Facebook.
- Pledge to become a volunteer reader, tutor or mentor as a Student United Way.
- Participate in the Student United Way Leadership Retreat to meet other Student United Way leaders and share ideas. In 2014, it will be held Sept. 12-14 in Alexandria, VA .
- Volunteer with the National Alternative Spring Break program, which takes place each spring, or organize an Alternative Spring Break program in your back yard.
More ways to get involved with United Way:
- Wear the Live United Shirt to show your support and spread the word!
- Ready to volunteer or want tips and info?
- Learn about United Way’s public policy work.
- Speak out as an advocate for United Way.
- Make a gift to support our work!