Healthy Kids Community Activation Center
When kids are healthy, they are on the path to a lifetime of improved health.
Help kids in your community increase their physical activity and eat more healthful foods.
Everyday, ordinary people are accomplishing extraordinary things by getting involved in the community. We all have special talents. Things we can do to help. Use your talents to motivate kids to move more and eat better. Sometimes what is really needed is one person to get things started and organized. Soon, kids in a class, neighborhood or community are getting fit together.
You make the call about where to focus. Share your skills. Share your passion. Give. Advocate. Volunteer.
Need some ideas to get you started? Check these out!
• Plant a community garden
• Invite a local sports hero to kick off a group fitness goal
• Start a kids' running club
• Launch a dance club or class
• Start a "walking bus" to and from school
• Stuff "active play bags" for recess
• Start a President's Challenge club
• Cook up a kids' culinary class
• Stage a "no-screen" week
• Set up a Born Learning Trail for toddlers
• Increase access to healthy food
Already helping kids to be more active and eat healthful foods? Share how!