Highlights of Kellogg Company's impressive commitment to communities:
- Kellogg Company's $5.9 million campaign pledge in 2009 was 19% over goal
- Employees across the U.S. held more than 45 food drives that collected more than 47,000 pounds of food
- In 2009, Kellogg was the first to produce food solely for donation, donating an entire day's worth of cereal production (3.7 million pounds) to Feeding America
- Over the past five years, Kellogg has donated more than 94 million pounds of food, or 66 million meals
- Kellogg granted $600,000 to United Way of Greater Battle Creek to address increased basic health and income needs in the Company's headquarters hometown. Among other outcomes, this grant provided 20 pounds of fresh vegetables weekly to nearly 2,000 people
- Kellogg spearheaded a downtown revitalization effort in Battle Creek, MI, including the expansion of its global nutrition research facility, committing to move more employees downtown, donating a building for potential use as a math and science education center, and partnering to bring new businesses and jobs to the community
- Kellogg worked with Action for Healthy Kids to improve healthy eating and physical activity among children around the country, including helping dozens of schools nationwide increase the number of kids eating a healthy breakfast at school
- Partnerships around the globe, including working with United Way of Mumbai, India to provide meals to underprivileged children, and as a founding partner of The Global FoodBanking Network
Congratulations 2010 United Way Summit Award Winners
About United Way Spirit of America and Summit Awards
The prestigious United Way Spirit of America® Awards program is United Way’s highest national honor, recognizing corporations and their employees for exceptional philanthropic commitment and community involvement. Now in its 23 year, the awards program offers Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) companies an opportunity to garner national recognition for their significant positive impact in communities around the country.
Award recipients are judged by a distinguished panel of corporate leaders and local United Way professionals. Winning these awards is only possible when a company, its employees and retirees are truly dedicated to improving lives and creating lasting change in local communities. Read more about the Spirit of America Awards program and past winners.