United Way Day of Action is an invitation for people and organizations around the world to LIVE UNITED and take action to address a variety of challenges. It is a day that we ask you to help us put our mission into action by volunteering to improve the building blocks for a good quality of life – education, financial stability, and health.
Here are a few examples of recent Day of Action projects. Your local United Way can fill you in on what’s planned for your area on Day of Action and throughout the year:
- VISTAs Rally Volunteers to Support Summer Learning
- Volunteers Teach and Learn to Help Improve Financial Stability
- Day of Action Mobilizes Volunteers to….Be Active
How to Get Involved on United Way Day of Action
- Find an opportunity to volunteer in your community.
- Share your Day of Action experience on Facebook, post photos of your community work to Instagram and follow us on Twitter @UnitedWay (tweet using #DayofAction).
- Find and connect with a United Way in your community.
- Advocate for Summer Success on #DayofAction:
- Join the #DayofAction Thunderclap and pledge to keep kids active and learning during the summer. Sign here.
- Raise awareness about addressing the challenges of summer. Know the facts and share reports from the National Summer Learning Association, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading, and Share Our Strength.
- Find free summer meals for children in your community. Tell families to call 1-866-3-HUNGRY or visit www.whyhunger.org/findfood to locate meal sites.
- Advocate for nutrition programs that help fill in the meal gap for students in the summer months. Take Action: Protect Hunger Relief Programs