Participants get the chance to
- Attend hands-on workshops from campus-organizing pros on club management, member recruitment and retention, training techniques, ice breakers, social media practices and more.
- Build relationships with student leaders and United Way professionals
- Get inspired by fellow students’ new and innovative ideas and share experiences
- Get an inside scoop on how to start or grow their own Student United Way
- Further develop leadership skills
- Be a part of something global
I have never felt so eager to do good, ignite volunteers, or change the community I live in than I do after this weekend.--Student United Way President
Past retreats have included a visit to the White House and a keynote session with Brian Gallagher, President & CEO of United Way Worldwide.