Find Your United Way Donate
United Way Blog

File for FREE with MyFreeTaxes.com

It’s that time of year again. Time to file your taxes! But don’t worry; it’s not as bad as it seems. You can file your state and federal taxes for FREE using MyFreeTaxes.com if you made $57,000 or less in 2013. MyFreeTaxes.com is the perfect way to file online both easily and securely – and did I mention it is FREE?

Take advantage of helpful tools such as calculators, error checkers and online chats, plus a free help line if you have any questions. Software provided by H&R Block, plus MyFreeTaxes.com is available in both English and Spanish.

If you prefer to file in person with an IRS-certified tax preparer, just visit MyFreeTaxes.com or call 2-1-1 to find a location near you – still free if you make $50,000 or less. MyFreeTaxes is a great way to maximize your return and ensure you receive all the tax credits you’re eligible for, all while saving you money because you don’t have to pay a tax preparer. 

Thanks to the Walmart Foundation, in collaboration with Goodwill Industries International, National Disability Institute and United Way Worldwide, for making MyFreeTaxes.com available. The MyFreeTaxes partnership has helped more than 4.5 million families earn almost $6 billion in refunds and tax credits since 2009. So even if you don’t file using MyFreeTaxes, help spread the word with your network!