Join the #StrongStart for Children State of the Union Campaign!
January means New Year’s resolutions, post-Holiday sales, and the President’s State of the Union address.
During the annual State of the Union address the President lists out his goals and agenda for the upcoming year. We want to make sure that early learning stays at the top of the list and we need your help!
On January 21, one week before the State of the Union address, United Way is joining our national education partners in calling on the President to include early learning in his speech by participating in social media action with advocates across the country.
The #StrongStart for Children Social Media Campaign is a great opportunity for YOU to engage as an advocate and champion for early learning. Let’s send a message to the President that all children should get a #StrongStart!
Help us by following these 3 easy steps. How you can get involved:
1. Take a photo of a child or adult holding a #StrongStart sign. Use these signs to participate: http://www.nwlc.org/resource/strong-start-children-state-union-action-materials. Post your photos on your website, blog and social media accounts.
2. Tweet a message to the President (@WhiteHouse) using the hashtags #StrongStart and #LIVEUNITED on January 21.
3. You may also post a message on your Facebook page. Sample messages below. Share with your networks as an opportunity to champion the issue of early learning.
The more photos and messages we are able to generate, the more likely it will rise to the President’s attention. So share as many photos featuring different people as you’d like and forward this request to your networks.
Early learning advocates across the country will be tweeting photos on the hashtag #StrongStart from 1pm – 3pm EST on January 21.
Thank you for everything you do to support early learning!
Send a Tweet:
- All children deserve a #strongstart! Let’s send a msg to President @BarackObama to discuss early learning in the #SOTU. #LIVEUNITED
- Join the #StrongStart for Children campaign on 1/21. Tell Pres @BarackObama to discuss early learning in the #SOTU. #LIVEUNITED
- We need to invest in #education, Pres @BarackObama. Pls talk about how children deserve a #strongstart in the #SOTU. #LIVEUNITED
Post a Facebook Message:
- Every dollar to early childhood programs saves 7 in adulthood. Quality early childhood education builds a strong, productive America. Join us in calling on the President to include early learning in his State of the Union address on January 28. Let’s send the message that early learning is critical to our nation’s future!