2-1-1 and Hurricane Sandy: Connect to Vital Services and Volunteer Opportunities
Hurricane Sandy has impacted millions of people in thousands of communities along the East Coast and throughout the Northeastern United States this week, and while the worst of the storm has passed, it's not over.
In the face of such devastation, 2-1-1 connects you to critical health and human services. 2-1-1 can also connect you with volunteer opportunities to help others in your community or across the country, even if you are not directly affected.
The essence of 2-1-1 is in its simplicity:
- 2-1-1 is the number to call to give help and to get help.
- 2-1-1 is for everyone and can be remembered by everyone.
- 2-1-1 is free and confidential.
- 2-1-1 makes the entire human services sector at every level of government work more efficiently.
- 2-1-1 has proven itself time after time as an invaluable resource in the aftermath of a disaster.